82 days until our JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes 2014!
We have a lot of fundraising to do over the next 82 days! Our family team is going to shoot for raising $6,000. A few fundraising ideas we have so far:
- We will be selling scarves, boas, jewelry.
- We will be putting out change buckets again.
- We will be putting out JDRF sneakers again.
- We are hoping that the school will allow us to do a fundraiser of sneakers through the whole school. As well as my daughter wants to do a change challenge like she did last year between her pod of classrooms.
- We will be mailing out our family walk letter and asking our family and friends to help us in raising money to help in finding a cure.
- We need to recruit more people to register for our walk team, the more people we have helping raise money means that each person has less to raise to meet the team goal that has been set.
We will be blogging about our countdown to the walk, and what we are doing. We will also be blogging about what the walk means to each of us. We hope to get a few guest bloggers as well. So if you are a family member or friend who has been with us for these walks, we might ask for you to write something up for us to post on here.